Tuesday 6 June 2017

Understanding your anxious child - books that help!

I have an anxious child.
I was an anxious child.
And I have a huge library of books that have helped enormously, so I thought I would share a small selection of them with you.

1. is of course the book I wrote  12 Annoying Monsters - Self Talk for Kids with Anxiety.

This book teaches children what anxiety is, how it manifests in the body, how they can learn to ignore pesky, negative voices in their head that stress them out and not let anxiety stop them achieving their dreams and goals.

Here is some more info about the book, why I wrote it for my clients and where else to buy it. more info

 Note that some of these books are not directly about anxiety, but more about understanding the sort of person you are, your tendencies, quirks and ways of thinking. understanding that and how you think goes a log way to reducing stress, because we all see the world in our own unique way.

 2. Helping your anxious child by five PHDs and an MD.










3. The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen










4. The Birth Order Book (why you are the way you are) by Dr Kevin Leman
here is a PDF version









  5. What to do when you worry too much by Huebner and Matthews.

No comments:

Post a Comment